Friday, June 19, 2009

MS fit. Snark, snark.

Don't get me going on a rant about Micro$haft, or little Bill Gates. Oh well, just a little fit. I'm entitled; I bought Windows when it was just 'Windows' in 1987.

I've spent too much time over the last 20+ years grousing about how they goobered up a good product when they left Windows 2 (decent upgrade! the only one!) to go all GUI and Mac-ish with Win3. Downhill ever since.

This bing thing. Who cares? Too late. Bite me, Bill.

Here's a good comparison of search engines from Berkeley (bing's not on it).
They compare three: Google, Yahoo, and something else. Isn't it that way for most people? We use Google or Yahoo; everything else is also-ran.

Here's a list of search engines by a natural-born librarian*--the heroes of the world, god love 'em--that has 60 search engines by type, then by name (no bing here).
The source's header:
    Refdesk.com Logo
*more on this fabulous website later

2 comments:

  1. My friend says my blog won't let her comment, even though I've opened it up to anybody. So I'm sneaking up on my own blog and trying to comment with a NEW identity. We'll see.
    (It seemed that if I have my blogger's Google account running, then there's no way my blog won't let me comment. I'm the idiot running it.)
    Now the new me hits the "post comment" button, and ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK that worked. Now I'll try it from the dreaded IE browser, which I try never to use. Hey if I dissed Bill Gates in the blogpost, what's a little more snidery?

    (My friend said her error message came from IE, not the blogspot host....)

    Aaahhh. I am choosing "anonymous" also, not signed into anything.

    ReplyDelete